Pregnant With Hemorrhoids, Seeks Relief
Hemorrhoids are quite common in pregnancy, especially during the third trimester. Hemorrhoids are swollen veins of the rectum and they can become very painful and unfortunately, itchy. Constipation is usually the culprit. That, combined with excessive pressure on the rectum and perineum is a recipe for disaster. Prolonged standing also takes its toll on your back end. Most people experience relief from hemorrhoids once their baby is born. In the meantime, try these remedies:
- Apply wet or dry baking soda to the affected area to relieve itching
- Take a warm bath with baking soda in the water
- Apply witch hazel to reduce swelling and/or bleeding
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods
How can I prevent hemorrhoids during pregnancy?
- Eat a high fiber diet
- Eat fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water
- Drink prune juice
- Do not delay a bathroom trip
- Remember to always consult with your care provider.
Hemorrhoids can be an embarrassing topic to discuss, know that your CLT Doula is a professional and they will provide you with unconditional support and information so that you can feel your very best.
Charlotte Doulas is a professional doula agency serving families throughout the Metro-Charlotte area. They provide certified: birth doulas, postpartum & newborn doulas, and childbirth educators. Your CLT Doula supports every type of birth and works cohesively with your care provider. Give us a buzz, we're here to help.